Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The cure for the common lampshade....

Remember my lamp?  Here's a pic -

I've been trying to figure out what to do to make the lamp shade more interesting, and everywhere I turned and everyone I consulted all had the same suggestion - grosgrain ribbon.  So, using some dark brown ribbon I had on hand, along with some Elmer's glue,

 I measured and cut the ribbon to fit the top and bottom of the shade, and then ran a bead of glue along the top and bottom, smoothing out the glue before I attached the ribbon.  I pressed the ribbon tightly around the top and bottom of the shade, holding it in place with clothespins for about 30 minutes -

Here's the finished product:

I'm happy with the way it turned out - the glue seems to be holding up really well, and the brown ribbon does a good job of picking up the dark brown accents in the room.  Still working on "finishing" the room, but I will definitely post when I do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment